Monday, March 26, 2012

New Farm Friends

Just picked up my new chickens, well they're not chickens yet, the other day from Seattle Farm Supply. They are currently cheeping, eating and pooping in their brooder, I hate to sound like an adolescent girl but they are super cute! Very interesting to watch too, I haven't been responsible for a small creature in a while and it's fun, hopefully they turn out okay. Two Americauna chicks are two weeks old and the Speckled Sussex and Brahma are three weeks. I guess I better get cracking on the coop. We've got the design worked out, but I need supplies and an extra body to get it up in, ideally, one day. I'll see how much I can prep this week and potentially erect it Friday or Saturday.

This is also going to be my kick in the seat to start on the garden/yard project I have tentatively set for myself this year. Just had my interest piqued in "The One Straw Revolution" about a sort of Zen approach to farming and gardening, I need to pick that one up from the library or maybe Elliott Bay Books, I do love buying books...

No comments: